Transfer to Lamar University
San Jacinto College students earning an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), an Associate of Arts (A.A.), or an Associate of Science (A.S.) may transfer to Lamar University to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (B.S.I.T.).
Students transferring to Lamar must:
- have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0;
- have a grade of “C” or higher on all courses intended for transfer;
- meet the minimum admission requirements to enter Lamar University.
Students earning an A.A.S. from San Jac may transfer a maximum of 60 semester hours to be accepted toward the B.S.I.T.: up to 39 hours from an approved technology field of study, and up to 21 academic hours to be applied to the academic core curriculum. Students transferring to Lamar without an A.A.S. degree will have their credits transferred to their best advantage as determined by Lamar University.
The approved fields of study at San Jacinto College considered by the agreement with Lamar include the Associate of Applied Science specializations listed below and all Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, particularly those in business, computer technology, engineering, math, or sciences.
- Aeronautical Technology
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Applied Computer Electronics Technology
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Automotive Technology
- Business Management
- Computer Information Systems
- Electrical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Engineering Design Graphics
- Fire Protection Technology
- Health Information Management
- Instrumentation Technology
- International Business and Trade
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Occupational Health & Safety Technology
- Process Technology
- Visual Communications
- Welding Technology
For more information . . .
Contact a San Jac Educational Planner and Counselor at your nearest campus
Learn more about Lamar University: